Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Paints and Bikes and Lights! Oh my!

Well Sports Fans, I apologize we've been gone for so so long. I had a bit of surgery on my right shoulder. Trust me when I tell you that you should not attempt to "school" a ladyboy about proper pole dancing techniques while vacationing in Thailand. Turns out my shoulder has been ever so slightly dislocated since February, which is less than ideal.  Anywho... So I've been trussed up like a Thanksgiving Turkey for the last three weeks:

This has not been conducive to anything other than sitting on my couch and watching everything on Netflix.. and of course buying things on amazon. Which I have been doing at an alarming rate.

I realized today that Burning Man starts in exactly one month. We have a lot to get done. We gotta get cracking. Man I wish I had a functional right arm.

I had some pictures to post of our brand new bike and whatnot... but well, then my phone died... So I present you with pictures that I stole from the internet (amazon) that look just like our new bike:




For lighting I have found a really awesome really awesome tutorial on adding LEDs to your bike. She just did her handlebars, but we are going to do both sets of handle bars and a larger section of the bike. It should be brighter than the surface of the sun. El Wire is for punks. LEDs are where it's at.

Chris has been much more industrious and has been diligently learning new techniques at TechShop SF to make the wagon bigger, better, faster, stronger. Last week it was Powder Coating, this week Aluminum Welding.  Speaking of Powder Coating, we're going to buy paint today.
As a color scheme for our wagon, I've often gone to this picture for inspiration.
So we've chosen Ford Light Blue for the cabinets an Vermon Red for the counter top. And as an extra special bonus we've discovered that you can make Powder Coating GLOW IN THE MOTHERF*ING DARK. Our Wagon will truly be for the Burning Man Nuclear Family when its glowing. Initial poking about on the internet would imply that glow paint is a bit finiky- but we may have to give it a whirl on a few test strips.

And I also have purchased some new oil cloth for the table covering. Glen and I found a really great fabric store in the mission (Discount Fabrics) that is just a burners dream. Tons of stretchy, glittery, furry, hot pink, psychodelic fabrics at reasonable prices. And walking distance from my house.
 




The previously pictured table cloths just weren't speaking to me.. so they've gone back to Target.  Who knows, after we paint, I may go back again and pick something else. One thing at a time.

Chris and I are scheduled to work on bike lighting tonight. I will post some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment