Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Now with action shots!

Hunter here. As Carrie pointed out in the last post we took a trip to TechShop this weekend. In observance of the vows I took to the holy order of procrastination I hadn't taken their basic safety course before the work day. For reasons unknown to me the TechShop doesn't want untrained people operating large machines which can rip your arm off in an instant. I thus wasn't allowed to seriously harm myself but I was free to take some photos of the process:
Cutting the steel bars. This machine was seriously cool.

Grinding the spots we were about to weld.

Setting up the drill press.

Holy crap! It fits!

More welding prep.

I seriously doubt this was necessary but let's be honest: Everyone loves sparks.

Sure the playa might never be flat but at least we know our shit is straight.

A true master at his craft (note: there might be a reason no close up shots were taken of the welds themselves).

1 comment: