Tuesday, August 7, 2012

SAFETY THIRD

So, despite the fact that we do have other authors I take primary responsibility for updating this blog. I see this as a fair trade. I'm a gimp right now, so I have very little physical labor that I can perform in the quest for grilled cheese perfection. I can procure things and I can type. So in this role, I often receive pictures from my partners in crime so that I may share them with you.

This was the first set of pictures that made me vomit in my mouth a bit. I had to check the urge to lecture my husband and his playdate like school marm going after errant toddlers for eating crayons.

Let me explain via this fine photo journal. It's time to put the "skin" on the cart. Last stage before paint and final assembly. VERY exciting indeed.


So, because of the mix of a steel frame and aluminum skin, we are bolting this on. This means many holes must be drilled. A hand drill would do the job. It's tedious, but safe. The cart is too unwieldy and large to put on the drill press that is available.... right?


Chris? Chris, what are you doing with those blocks of wood near the drill press?

Hunter?! Seriously right now, what the fuck are you thinking? That is not a stable platform. That is an industrial drill press. Come on guys- you are smart men. I know testosterone is not a smart drug, but certainly some level of basic common sense will intervene here.

Apparently not.
Gee Chris, you look frustrated. Could that be because you are using a tool in a non-approved manner and you are ABOUT TO FUCKING KILL YOURSELF.  Please note the spiderman bandaid on my husbands forearm. He burned himself last week because he forgot that metal that he had just welded might be a bit warm. That incident may have been a signal that something might be wrong with him.

And just in case you thought the stupidity could not get any deeper...


Really!? Is that a godforsaken jack? Is that thing even level!? Seriously you guys. *headdesk*

Shockingly the bit on the drill press exploded. I can't image why.  I bought him a new drill bit. I'm going to trust its going in a hand tool this time.

2 comments:

  1. The platform was completely level. The cart wasn't however. We would have gotten away with it if we didn't have such shoddy drill bits. This set up saved at least four hours and gave us a plus seven in manliness.

    ReplyDelete