Thursday, August 23, 2012

Countdown to cheese

Holy crap sports fans, it's game time. We are leaving for the burn in TWO days.

Sorry updates have been sparse in the past couple of days, but we have been busting our buns getting stuff done. For instance, I made 100 burritos this week....


But rest assured we are getting cart stuff done. So here is a quick update for your fans of grilled cheese (Hi Mom!). I'm amazed that we've had almost a thousand page views! I know that's not a lot by internet viral standards, but considering I made this so my mom and a few friends could follow along, it's impressive. 

Fabrication on the cart is done. Well its 95% done. It's damn close enough. Tweaking will continue as time allows.  



Decor of the table has begun. The big debate of today is to placemat:

or not to placemat...(sorry that's upside down- no time to fix it!). All of these things will be epoxied in place so the table is always "set".  Note yet another change in table cloth occurred- the paint on the wagon came out a bit orange, so back to the fabric store I went. I would love to have a fake napkin on their to complete the picture, but I need something that looks like napkin, but can be vigorously cleaned so it doesn't become a harbor for germs and dust. Perhaps more vinyl....

I am debating if I really want to glue my delightfully cheesy kissing surfers salt and pepper shakers..... 


They make me smile, and I would be uber sad if I lost them. It would be nice if people could actually use them.. perhaps they can just get set out for each guest. 


God this apartment looks like a theme camp blew up in it. No time for cleaning! BACK TO WORK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment